I have loved looking at the amazing pieces that people have created using this style
but have never had a go…
so I am thrilled to bits to finally get into ripping into some pages…
I don’t know about you but I found ripping a page out of a dictionary
a little naughty, but strangely liberating
(it helped heaps that it was only an old dictionary that I purchased from an op shop)
The background on this card started with a torn dictionary page
glued onto some cardstock.
Then I thought I would add some patterned tissue paper.
I left a couple of white cardstock areas clear…
then on with some blue and peacock feathers DI..I love this colour!
Then I stenciled some grunge paste through a harlequin mask
(another favourite of mine)
and coloured it again with DI.
I really liked how it looked and let it sit for a day untouched…
just because I liked it just as it was.
Suddenly I remembered that I hadn’t actually done any stamping yet…
and seeing as it is a stamping challenge at FSC I reluctantly added some swirls.
I finished it off with stamping and masking some butterflies, cut them out
and mounted them onto black cardstock and just cut around the inside…leaving the edges black.
I attached these along with a lovely cut out from some graphic 45 paper.
Oh, and I added a couple of butterflies onto the top corner to balance it all out.
I hope you enjoy this card as it was heaps of fun to make.