Why not head on over to Fashionable Stamping Challenge
s and check out what wonderful projects the girls have made…The subject this fortnight is
The girls have put together some stunning projects to inspire you, so please
be inspired and have a go at our latest challenge.
My inspiration for this goes back to my days in high school…
I was the one who needed the teacher’s help the most, the one who couldn’t thread the machine, the one who often sewed the pieces backwards and inside out…
I was always the last to leave because I had the biggest mess to clean up.
I had no idea what I wanted to achieve with this challenge (a bit like my sewing abilities!)
And when it came to bringing it all together, I realised that that was the answer…my disorganisation ~
and so this collage was born!
Cathy left a comment on one of my posts (hi Cathy), and I went blog hopping from her site and ended up somewhere that explained what a collage was…layering, bits and pieces and different textures all brought together with a common link.
My link here is the thread! Using buttons, ribbon, thread and lace to bring all the elements together my collage is complete.
I have used alcohol inks. The tape measure effect is a tape measure stamp stamped onto tissue paper, ripped and then glued onto the alcohol inked card…and while I was at it, I added some gilding flakes with the glue as well. I added more alcohol ink afterward to hide any tissue that was showing.
This is done from the same inked background card and overstamped with a stamp from my Oxford Impressions ~ dress-forms and corsetry set. I then cut it into squares and switched them all around and stuck onto black card to form the background. I ripped the bottom and dipped it in gold embossing powder to add richness.
Is stamped in watermark on black card and embossed with gold embossing powder. This is the cool part, I then got my embossing “pen” and added some strokes to the image and embossed again with red powder…I think this has added heaps of depth and more interest to the corset…and finally some rhinestones for bling. I adhered this to a dress-form that I stamped onto acetate and I have raised this above the mosaic.
Then it is all brought together with lace,ribbon, threads, hessian, buttons and a tag.
(a little complicated ~ but..) Enjoy!